It know it seems like we've already had a lot of posts for May, but it's been an unusually busy month. Last weekend, we decided to celebrate Mother's Day by taking the girls to the zoo. We are fortunate enough to live close to one of the best zoos in the country and there is a lot to see and do.  This was Helena's first trip there. She wasn't terribly interested in most of the animals, but I think she enjoyed being outside in the wagon, despite the chilly weather. One new attraction we all liked was the stingray petting pool: 


Sophie most enjoyed seeing the penguins and the giraffes (I think she likes the giraffes because they're her Nan's favorite animals):



My personal favorite is the okapi.  I think I like it because it's such a strange little hodgepodge of an animal:


Although we were there for a few hours, there was a lot we didn't get to see, so I imagine we'll be going back at least a couple more times this summer.  We can't wait to see the rest of the animals! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment